PDF export sizes from Draw 2018.. Larger...

I have been exporting Corel files to PDF for years with ease. (I've been a Corel user since v3...). I can usually get my document down to a file size that is a good compromise between quality (enough) images but file size not so bad... (my web server maxs out at 3.5mb files so that is my benchmark).

I have found that with Draw 2018, I can't get that balance. Every PDF I export waayyyy larger then it used to be. The "web" setting degrades my images beyond viewable.

I'm currently working on a 27 page file (cmyk mostly, but I PDF to RGB and would change it all to to RGB in the CDR if I could...) that has always been challenging to shrink, and now with 2018 the best I can get the file down to is 7mb (with it down to worst quality everything.... and all I updated on the file was some text.).    The same file in x8, set to WEB conversion, I could get to 3mb.  now... 19mb... )

Did something change in the back end on how 2018 saves PDF that could affecting thing? Can I change it back????? :)

Not sure if there is really a solution here... just wondering... :(   I don't see the world complaining about it on the forums, so I could be alone here.... 

Parents
  • You should be able to get it down to pretty much the same size it used to be.
    Not sure if they have changed anything in the presets (always use my own settings, based on the Editing preset) but I would suggest you study the settings in detail, to see what has changed.
    Things that can increase file size noticeably is embedding of color profiles and fonts, and also bitmap resolution and compression.

Reply Children