CorelDraw 2018 crashes at "Initializing User Interface" message on splash screen

This is also happening across all the products in the Graphic Suite - Photopaint, Font Manager, 

That's kind of it, but here are the solutions I have tried

F8 on startup

"Repair" using Windows apps in settings

Renaming the database folder (a new one is never created - it looks like nothing ever gets that far)

Is there a place to check for "user interface" problems? Is there some kind of error log somewhere in the Corel process that I can take a look at?

This was working fine, and then it wasn't, and I can't track down any associated Windows updates that happened along the way, but I am still looking into that.

Is there a "default" document that it tries to refer to that might be causing this? (I know that can happen in the WordPerfect Suite, and it's been the bane of users there forever)

Thanks for any help!

Parents
No Data
  • CorelDraw X8 - November 2023, running on Windows 11 (MS Surface Pro computer)... after moving to newer computer with i7 CPU and Win11, I tried several times to get CorelDraw installed. Each time I tried to launch the application after install was complete, during the startup splash screen "Initialize" step, the app would disappear and not start. My installation medium was the original X8 DVD that I purchased several years ago.

The Windows Event Log described VS C++ Redistributable was crashing but it was not clear if this was the problem. After trying to update to newer version of C++ which made no difference, I stumbled across two Corel updates for X8, CDGSX8U1.exe and cdgs-hf1.exe but after installing them, still no luck, CorelDraw still crashed during startup.

I was about to revert to Windows 10 because there did not seem to be an answer when I came across a Corel Community post which caused me to search more on the Corel Knowledge Base ( https://kb.corel.com/en/128140 ). I followed the instructions and downloaded the version on the page. After uninstalling my DVD version and downloading, installing and re-registering the version on the Corel website ( www.corel.com/.../CorelDRAWGraphicsSuiteX8Installer_RW.exe ), The problem was fixed. CorelDraw X8 is running on Windows 11. Yea Team!!

Children
No Data