Is it possible to select and edit more than one page at a time?

Hello List,

I am working on a 34 page document which identical.  I need to edit transparency on on a curve on page 1, 7, 14, 21, 28 - then the same on different curve on 2, 8. 15, 22, 29 and so on.  Yes I know about layers but in this situation working with 32 layers in Coreldraw....... shoot me first!!  Shame Coreldraw doesn't have a simple drop down menu for layers like AutoCAD.

Its neon that has sections fading in and out. 

Thanks!!

Parents
No Data
  • I think you need to look at symbols for this. You create a master object on the first page it appears on, give it a name to reflect its status then save it as a symbol and place separate instances of this object on the pages you need it on.

There are drawbacks to this however. A symbol can be placed independantly to the master (there is no master actually, edit any one of the instances and they all update, thats why you need to name one 'Master' for your own sanity) So any move, scaling, rotation etc will be independant i.e not all instances will move, scale etc. So, whether this will be useful depends on this restriction.

If you absolutely must have every instance reflect the changes you make to one master object then you will need to use clones. However there are restrictions that govern the behaviour of clones. If you make any change to a clone, then that property is no longer linked to the master. Other properties will still update with changes to the Master. Position is never linked, if you want to have all clones move with the master then you need to select all Master nodes with the Shape Tool and omve them that way. .

Beware, clones can be  buggy so I'd recommend keeping them very simple objects. Do not clone groups if you can possibly avoid it, if you can't avoid it be prepared for grief.

Children
No Data