When is Corel going to fix the compatibility bug with current Illustrator files?

For the past few months I have not been able to open .ai files created with the most recent version of Adobe Illustrator. I opened a ticket with tech support and they are COMPLETELY USELESS. It doesn't help that they don't speak and understand English. 

The files I can't open will open and close just fine with Illustrator. However, they just hang when I try to open in Coreldraw 2019. I have all the latest patches loaded and I have uninstalled and reinstalled Coreldraw. If I open these files with Illustrator and save them to a legacy format then Coreldraw will open the file. This shows that they are NOT compatible with ai files like they advertise. WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS BUG COREL???????

Parents
No Data
  • WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS BUG COREL?

And, for what it's worth, this is not considered to be a "bug", and it will not be "fixed" in Draw 2019.
    If we are lucky, they have been able to adjust the Draw 2020 import filter to also support later Illustrator versions, but there is no guarantee and there never will be.

Here's an excerpt from the Draw 2019 help section, technical notes:

You can import AI file formats up to and including Adobe Illustrator CS6.
    For files saved in Adobe Illustrator CS or higher with PDF-compatibility, text can be imported as text or curves.
    Objects with gradient fills that were created in CS5 may not appear correctly when imported.
    Corel programs cannot import AI files containing bitmaps linked as EPS files.

Children
No Data