Can You Make Default Documents As Templates (Guides and Objects)?

So I have a lot of template files that I often use. Its not always a problem but sometimes I'll accidently save over the template file or save the design using the template in the same folder and that can be a bit of a nuisance. 

So I'm wondering if these template files can just be set up as default document presets? Seems like a long shot but it would be really useful to have that. Other than that I guess maybe I can just start importing the template file into a new document instead of opening the template file and saving over it with a new name. Might just be a bad habit I need to break.

Parents
No Data
  • Other than that I guess maybe I can just start importing the template file into a new document instead of opening the template file and saving over it with a new name. Might just be a bad habit I need to break.

I think that is the answer.

When you use "new from template" - which can be used with a .CDT file or a .CDR file - you are not opening the actual template file and editing that file. You are creating a new document based on the selected template, and there is no opportunity to "save over" the actual template. When you save, you are prompted for a file name, the same way that you would with any other newly-created-but-not-yet-saved document.

A few versions ago, CorelDRAW lost the ability to simply browse folders in order to select a file to use as a template when creating a document. To get back that ability, I wrote my "New from Template Browse" macro.

Children
No Data