Request: bring back backward compatibility with X4

Please bring back backward compatibility with CorelDRAW X4. I mean saving in X4/14 format.

WHY? Because X4 was the last CorelDRAW running on Windows XP, and Windows XP is sometimes required for old special purpose printers (e.g. Alps MD 5000 used to print waterslide decals).

Parents
No Data
  • Yeah, it's pretty bad (or stupid) policy to limit how many versions back CorelDRAW can save a CDR file. By comparison Adobe Illustrator CC can save back to any prior Creative Suite version as well as down to AI 10, 8 and 3 formats. CorelDRAW ought to be able to do something similar, but it can't.

Here's an even worse policy: the last few versions of CorelDRAW cannot open or import CDR files made prior to version 6. That idiotic policy adversely affects longtime users such as myself. For a long time various new releases of CorelDRAW could still open/import CDR files made back as far as version 3. At some point the folks at Corel just decided to move that bar to version 6. Again, it's important to point out the current version of Adobe Illustrator CC can open AI files made in ANY prior version, going all the way back to version 1.

I've been using CorelDRAW for around 30 years now. And I have thousands of CDR files dating back to the early 1990's. If Corel is just going to arbitrarily change how far back it can open old CDR files they'll also devalue the archived assets of many users. It's a punk move for them to do that.

Children