Font Issues - TTF Cochin - CorelDraw 2018

We are having an issue with one artist that is currently using X8. When pulling up a long standing file with Cochin (Bold) it is automatically changing the font to italics, with no font substitution box.

Cochin Bold is installed on her computer, and the font is embedded into the file.

This artist did just recently get a new computer, and this situation has cropped up.

Any suggestions on how to fix this are welcome!

• You posted in the 2018 area. Is the problem when you open an X8 file in 2018?

• The past few versions of CorelDRAW, including the current 2021 version, have been unpredictably wonky with fonts. Most type families work 100% properly. But you never know when another family of fonts is going to come up with missing styles or have all the italic weights rendered upright or vice versa. I can't have CorelDRAW running while working in Adobe Illustrator because CorelDRAW causes some styles in a couple type families I frequently use to disappear from the font menu. If I launch Illustrator without CorelDRAW running all the installed fonts show up in the fonts list.

Work-arounds? Using a different version of CorelDRAW can sometimes work. Otherwise I have to just use a different application such as Illustrator.