How to curve text within a paragraph text block that is a predefined shape.

Does anyone know how to curve text within a shape, as paragraph text, not artistic text? (See my attached image.)

I have drawn the shape, inserted the text as paragraph text, but the text always wants to sit straight.  I am so frustrated as I can find a workaround in either Corel or Adobe CS products.  I have tried using artictic text in Corel, but have to do it line by line - and this brings other problems, such as I cant justify each line with each other, and sometimes a character jumps up relative to the other characters and the entire paragraph does not taper in...so this is not a solution, apart from the fact it will take me FOREVER to insert line by line....I would like to treat the text as a multiple line paragraph, and follow the shape. 

So, to all you brilliant designers out there....PLEASE HELP! 

Thanx!

Parents
No Data
  • SallyS said:
    Does anyone know how to curve text within a shape, as paragraph text, not artistic text? (See my attached image.)

What you need if to use the Envelope tool. Seem that you're using Fit Text to path.

Also, you can convert to curves the text if you want

SallyS said:
    I have drawn the shape, inserted the text as paragraph text, but the text always wants to sit straigh

Of course. You can use Artistic text instead. 

SallyS said:
    I have tried using artictic text in Corel, but have to do it line by line - and this brings other problems, such as I cant justify each line with each othe

only if you use Fit Text to path, but with Envelope you don't have this problem. 

You can do all in one, just press enter at the en of each line (including the last one).  You can justify the text (ctrl+J) in the same way of the paragraph text

Children