X4 Activation and Customer Service

It is frustrating enough that after rebuilding my desktop computer I cannot activate my fully legal and registered copy of CorelDraw Suites X4 but then I can't even send the company an email message because this version is no longer supported? 

I have activated this copy too many times, I understand that because I have gone through 3 laptops and rebuilt my desktop at least 4 times since I purchased it.  I understand the need to control piracy but if you are going to lock up the product for legitimate users, at least let us contact the key holder.

Several people have said to contact customer service at http://www.corel.com/contactus   I will be happy to eat my words if someone can show me how to get my X4 activation reset from this contact page.  I guess I could send a snail mail letter but I was hoping for an instant resolution.

"Contact Domestic Customer Service Customer Service is available online." That looks promising until you see that "activation" is only for X6 and Tech Support does not support X4.

I'm old.  This is my first time being old and now I really understand how valuable my time is.  That is why it is so frustrating to deal with this kind of problem.  A "contact us" page should have a no stings attached email address to received questions from customers.  If you are going to have an activation system, then there needs to be a way that legitimate clients can ALWAYS activate the product.  And if you are not going to support a product, then you should make sure that legitimate owners are never locked out.

Thanks for allowing me to rant.

• You are an another Corel Draw victim, but not the first and not the last.

• Hello Rick; I have X4, and it is a very stable program. I'm not to sure, but I think I remember that you could install it with out registering it on line, but you will have the Quick Start do things differently than normal, but the program works fine. It is a shame that the customer support isn't like it used to be......... I'm sure that they would get a lot of calls from people that they shouldn't have to deal with just because they didn't know haw to use a computer, but that's life in the big buck programing game I guess.

GOOD LUCK, George

• Hi Rick.

I agree that is unacceptable. I hope Gerard will chime in on this and get you straightened out as soon as possible.

~John

• Interesting. I have replace the hard drive in my current computer 3  times and over those 3 times I have reinstalled Windows XP a total of at least 9 times. Not once have I had problem reinstalling Version 10, X3 and X4. Perhaps I am lucky, but you could not prove it based on other areas of my life.

You may want to try un-installing X4 using a program called Revo Uninstaller and have it do thorough removal including all registry instances. Then try an install. No guaranty implied.