x6 32 bit or 64 bit ???

Hi all.  I haven't been around much since the sign shop closed last october.  I do have a bit of freelance work now and then.  I purchased a new lap top in the spring.  Haven't really used it because I am intimidated by Windows 8.  But my husband just got laid off so now I REALLY need freelance work.  I want to get coreldraw x6 but I don't know how to know 32bit or 64 bit because I am totally clueless to what that even means.  i now have x4.  I had x5 briefly at the sign shop but absolutely hated it.  I think i read somewhere that on my new computer i can't use x4.  Any help greatly appreciated.

THANKS in advance

Lisa

Parents
  • The 32 or 64 bits it's the version of your operating system. The 32 bits version of Windows has a limit of memory usage (3.2 Gb or RAM) and only allocate up to 2 Gb max to each program. So, if you have more tha 4 gb of RAM, it's better to use the 64 bits version of Windows. If you have 4 Gb or less, it's better to use the 32 bits version.  

Besides the use of memory, there are advantages and disadvantages on the program performance. In my personal experience, the 32-bit version works better, faster and more stable than the 64-bit version, so I use it and I don't have plans to change it. Most useful macros only works under 32 bits, and some bugs only exist under 64 bits, works fine under 32 bits. However, the biggest difference will be the use of the program, and maintain the operating system optimized, it is more important than having a powerful computer. Have you ever seen a small computer running fast and smooth, while a powerful new computer runs slower? The key is usually on the optimization of the system.

Reply Children