Find and replace text using macro

I work in an organisation with 47 member states and two official languages, English and French. I would like to be able to produce a simple macro that would run through a Corel Draw graphic (e.g. a pie-chart) and change the names of all the countries from English to French.

I tried recording a macro, but the result was a series of messages in the macro telling me that “Recording of this command is not supported: TextEdit”.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to do what I want?

Parents
  • Hendrik Wagenaar said:
    I don't doubt that Jeff, but Corbeau is looking to learn, so providing some sample code may be more valuable than a premade solution.  Who knows, he might one day be selling macros on your site.  I admire those brave enough to jump into VBA coding.

heh, I also admire them... :-D

Here is my idea: to translate entire languages using a pre-existing API, in this case, Google's (thanks to Shelby). Blocks of text go to an online translation engine, and are then returned to Draw's page.

The quality of the translation will be dependent on the the engine... but the macro accesses the latest translations automatically.

One thing to watch for is the length of strings and paragraph text frames, since the qty. of words coming back can exceed the original language. So designs might need to be adjusted to allow.

• Reply Children
    No Data