Please list all issues you are having with Corel Draw X5 here

My post  Why does Corel Draw Graphics Suite X5 feel more like beta software? explains everything im having an issue with X5. In an effort to log the issues with this software, Im asking that if your an X5 User and are having file corruption, crashes, freezes and other such fun stuff happening to you killing your time and money while in Draw or Photopaint, please post it here.

In order to keep it all clean and easy for someone at Corel to follow, please only list issues for X5 and not turn it into a discussion out of topic.

Please, there is no need to try to defend Corel here as Iv used Corel since version 4 (not X4), so thats a long time using it.

Parents
No Data
  • Hi all

I am new to these forums

Have been a user of Corel Draw since version 7,8, 9 and 12.

After reading some of the stories on these forum I finally plucked up the courage to install X5 and was disappointed to say the least. I have only just purchased it last week.

I have installed Corel Draw X5 (upgrade version) on a machine running XP Home (SP3) that more than matches the minimum specs required. I do use it for professional design.

I could not even produce one bit of work on it due to the following issues:

1) X5 freezes for up to 5 to 10 seconds if I happen to hover the mouse pointer over an icon to see its function.

2) It freezes/hang anyway for no reason what so ever.

3) It also seems to hang when moving from one icon to another when I going form one function to another.

4) Also slows down when even doing a basic thing like applying a fountain fill

5) Using the artistic media tool is a waste of time as yep you guessed...it hangs again when attempting to applying a stroke to a line

6) Some descriptions of icons just appear as garbled graphics (followed by even longer freezing/hanging)

7) God help you if you want to change fonts...it seems to hang again as soon as I go to select a new font (yes I do have a lot of fonts installed on my system but no other software on my machine has a problem with this so why should X5 (versions 12 and 9 which I still use have no problems)

8) Takes forever to load

I haven't even started on Corel Paint and can't even be bothered to try it. The sooner I get rid of X5 the better.

I am going to uninstall X5 and go back to version 12. I don't see why I should have to wait around for a Service Pack that may not work and also then be in a position where I can not get my money back. Corel X5 is not fit for purpose. Corel has lost the plot in releasing a sub standard product.

Riz

Children