Cant open CDR files

I have CorelDraw x5 on two computers with the same specs (Windows 7).  On one of the computers (the Dell)  I can create a small vector and save it as a .cdr.  I can see the graphic preview on the icon file.  When I click to open the file Corel starts the process and then opens with the grey screen.  The file does not open.  While in the grey screen I can click new and continue with CorelDraw but the file that I create and save cannot be opened.

On my other computer (the HP) I can create it and even send it to the Dell.  The Dell opens the file but once I save the changes on the Dell computer the file will no longer open.  I have repaired Corel, uninstalled it and re-installed.  I have gone through all the updates.  It will not work anymore on this computer.

Thank

Curt Pernice

curt.pernice@gmail.com

• What!?!?   I can not believe is that I was using corel draw x5 and it kept telling me I was using an illegal program when I wrote to corel and talked to an agent they told me I HAD TO BUY A NEWER VERSION!!! WTF!!! So now I have corel 23 and it freezes everytime I try and open a file. new or old it freezes I have to shut the program down.  Happened many many aggravating TIMES!!!!  Corel does not care AT ALL BUT THEIR WALLETS THEY CARE ABOUT THAT!!