Auto-Backup: Reducing saving time

Since older versions of CorelDRAW that I have set the recovery time for Auto-Backup saving time as 3 minutes only, in order to reduce the partial loss of job, when the program crashes.

I'm doing a series of small illustrations vectorized (yes, hundreds of them!) and I intend to reduce this time for just 1 (one) minute!

This time decreased in 2 minutes (from 3 to 1) can make a difference, because some of these vectors are made fast, and unless those two minutes, I may lose some illustrations if freezing or any other irregular behavior of the software and/or Operating System, though these illustrations are subdivided into several files (simple vectors) and do not consume a lot of RAM.

My main question is:

Reducing the time of Auto-Backup for just 1 min is a risk, or how it can affect the performance of the software or OS? Or one thing does not interfere to another?

Parents
No Data
  • Me too, I always turn off the Auto-save feature, because it require system resources.. If you increase the frequency of auto-save, you are using a lot of free system resources, creating too much temporary files, and absorb parte of the Virtual Memory of your computer. So, unless to contribute to save your work, the excess of auto-save can be the cause of the crashes. Also, if the time is too short, can cause a conflict when you try to save, export or print. So, the best advices are:

1 - Don't use so frequent autobackup. Use it, at least, since 15 minutes. Or....

2 - Don't use autobackup. After some steps, save. You will control when the program will use the memory, and yu will sure that at this moment there's not any other proces saving in the background

The main question is:

why the crashes happens? The most frequent reason are divided on two groups: relative to CorelDRAW itself and relative to the operating system. A third group is also important: relatives to the ways to use the program. 

Relative to CorelDRAW: too much saved views (Ctrl+F2), too much Color Styles (Tools/Color Styles), and/or too much Graphic and Text Styles (Tools/Graphic and Text Styles). If you have one or more of these, delete all

Relative to the operating system: a small swap file for Virtual Memory, too much programs resident on memory, or too much active process. Also, too much temporary files can reduce performance

Relative to the use of the program: too high resolution bitmaps (some people use mire than 2000 dpi, I saw files with almost 10.000 dpi, but is useless, since less than 600 will produce the same result. Sometimes, the problem is when they reduce a 300 dpi image, and has a small photo with big size on Mb ). Too much lens and transparencies, specially when the lens are overlapped. Too much Layers. Convert the Grid or Guides layer as printable. 

Children