Upgrade from Corel Draw X3 Graphics Suite to X5 advantages?

I used Corel Draw X3 Graphics Suite to produce maps for a guidebook about 5 years ago. I am starting another project this year and will do many more maps. I mostly used only CorelDraw out of the suite.

I am considering whether to upgrade to X5 or just stick with X3. I am using Windows XP. It is probably a difficult question to answer, but in general would you advise upgrading to X5 or sticking with X3?

PaulF

Parents
  • Thanks for all the replies. They were very helpful.

About my map creations - they are all done from scratch and without color --only grayscale.

Thanks for the suggestions to look at macros. I am sure I could automate some of my work. I have styles I apply to various elements of my maps. The one thing I have wished for in the past is a way that updating styles could be automatically applied to my maps. As I remember, if i decide to change a style in my maps, I had to go thru and manually reselect each element using the style and reapply the new style.

I plan to upgrade from XP to Windows 7 after I finish this project. I am using a bunch of older programs, including Framemaker 6, and I have concerns about them running without problems on Win 7.

Best regards,

PaulF

Reply Children
No Data