Corel Draw does not support my Epilog laser under Windows 7!!! Help!

I've been happily running my Epilog 36EXT laser for almost a year now using Corel Draw x4 running on Windows Vista 64bit.  I just purchased a new computer which has Windows 7.  When I could not get x4 to work with my laser on the new computer it gave me a good excuse to upgrade to x5.  Well, no dice there either.

To make a long story short  - Epilog is claiming that Corel Draw (even the latest x5 version) does not fully support 64-bit drivers.  I can understand their point of view on this, other programs do seem to work fine on my new machine with their 64bit drivers.  For example, Adobe Photoshop prints to it with no problems at all.

What I do not understand is why my old computer which is running a 64bit operating system works just fine with Corel draw and my laser.

Personally, I have no idea who is to "blame" for this.  I'm not a computer programmer so I have no expertise in this area.  All I know is that I love Corel Draw, I love my Epilog Laser, and I also love my new computer running Windows 7... I'd like to be able to use all three of these together. 

I guess I'm making this post because I'd like to know what Corel Draw's official view of this issue is.  Also, if anyone out there has happened to figure out a work-around for this issue I'd love to hear it.  I'd be happy to give more details about what I've tried myself... I just didn't want this post to get too long.