how to tile a large diagram over several pages, to save as a pdf to print on several pages

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help here.

I'm drafting a sewing pattern in CD x5. The pattern needs to be split up over several pages so that I can save as a multi-page pdf, which I can then print on a home printer and tape the pages (with alignment marks) together, to make the final big pattern, but of course the scale needs to be maintained. If I have my page set up as letter size, I can draw a part of the pattern using the rulers to set the size and when I save that single page to a pdf it's fine (but anything outside of the letter size outline doesn't save).....BUT I need a full pattern with several pages (I don't even know if I'm using the right words to describe this! can't find any info on google).

So what I think I need, is a way to draw a large diagram, and somehow split that diagram up into "print size" pieces to save as multiple pages in a pdf. If I just use a large page layout (like A1) when I go to save as pdf, it just saves it as single page pdf (which is useless since if I print that on my home printer, the pattern is not to scale).

and help would be VERY much appreciated :-)

Shelley

Parents
No Data
  • Shelley, have you sorted your issue out?

I often design my image according to the size it is supposed to be, then I print bits on A4 paper.

Step 1. Group entire design.

Step 2. Draw a rectangle (I use 200mm x 285mm for A4)

Step 3. Use Transformation Tool to duplicate your rectangle to the left and down so that you now have many rectangles that are the same size as your design.

Step 4. Group these rectangles.

Step 5. Now powerclip your design into the grouped rectangles. (you may have to ungroup your design).

Step 6. Ungroup the rectangles.

Each rectangle will now only show part of the image.Move them

Step7:Place the rectangles one at a time on your artboard (Click a rectangle and press "P" key to centre the rectangle on the artboard) and print (check the <layout>  tab in the print dialogue window - must check "As in document")

At this point I cut the white edges (leave some white edges to attach the adjacent or bottom image) and stick together using two way tape or your choice of sticky stuff.

Children