CutContour line not recognized in PDF or EPS exports

Hi guys,

I use Pantone 186 C as CutContour line in Corel X3 and when I export the file to PDF or EPS the Caldera Visual Rip8 recognizes this line as a Cut line. When I try to do the same in X6 or X7 Caldera doesn't recognize the line anymore.

Any of you have the same problem? 

The guys from Caldera sent me a color palette to add to my palettes but it's in .ai format and I can't open it on X7. Do you know any way of converting a .ai palette to a .xml palette?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Paulo

Parents
No Data
  • Hi

I believe what you have is a pantone colour defined in and named with an old pantone palette. quite a while ago pantone changed the colour definitions  to lab colour for consistency across material and platforms. the same type of issues come up regularly with photoshop  and illustrator. it appears that even though defined as spot colors they are effected by color profiles so the are not red the same in some rips even though the name is the same.

we use magenta named as cut contour for that reason same as roland  versaworks

just create a colour name it cut contour and use it or map it to the cutting colour in your rip. we use the same colour for vinyl, laser, water jet and engravers across 5 different rips with no problems.

ross blair

Children
No Data