Non-breakable space width bug

Is non-breakable space width bug on the list to be fixed? I wait for the solution since Corel 9 which I first used to some folders and layouts. 

Parents
  • There is previous discussion on this at http://community.coreldraw.com/talk/coreldraw_graphics_suite_x7/f/810/t/46682

The conclusion there was that the problem is in specific fonts. I just did a quick test to confirm this -- Swis721 exhibits the problem, Times and Arial do not. So at first sight, it may be the font designer rather than CorelDraw that is at fault.

That said, I did the same test in Open Office and even for Swis721 it renders the nb space at the same width as the normal space -- so either Open Office is ignoring the font designer's parameters or its not as simple as a font error.

Whatever Open Office is doing, maybe CorelDraw could also do -- but here we have a problem. If Corel has been doing it like this (whether correctly or incorrectly) since Corel 9, there will be an enormous number of documents which unwittingly rely on those characters having different widths, so changing them now is going to require everybody to recheck their paragraph flows. That would not be a good situation.

Reply Children
No Data