X versus Y ruler lengths in corelDRAW 12

I recently moved corelDRAW 12 from a video monitor with an aspect ratio of 3X4 to a pc with an aspect ratio of 9X16. The only problem I am having is making the inch sizes in the Y direction the same as the X direction. I have tried changing the screen resolution and I tried measuring the rulers using the calibrate rulers function to no avail. If I draw a circle it displays as an ellipse with the vertical length shorter than the horizontal length. Is there a way to fix this problem or is it fixed in X3 or X4?

Thanks,

Richard Britton

Parents
  • Richard Britton said:
    I recently moved corelDRAW 12 from a video monitor with an aspect ratio of 3X4 to a pc with an aspect ratio of 9X16. The only problem I am having is making the inch sizes in the Y direction the same as the X direction.

If you draw a perfect circle on your screen but it looks like an oval, then you need to change your screen resolution settings.

Your video card must output the exact pixel dimensions your LCD monitor expects.

LCD's are not forgiving. You may need to update the driver for your video card driver to have access to correct pixel dimension output.. There is no other sensible way...

Reply Children
No Data