Layering objects

Hi! I am fairly new to CorelDRAW and I am having an issue with layering objects that I can't figure out. The problem I am having is this:

I have two line drawings, and one sits on top of the other. Normally, the object in the back is partially hidden by the one in the front. However, I have just done a drawing where the object in the back is NOT partially hidden by the one in the front, and it looks like they are both on the same layer. What happened? I am not sure if I inadvertantly changed a setting, but I can't seem to figure out how to hide that back layer. I have tried using the 'order' function, and that usually works, but for some reason it is not working this time. Please help!

Parents
No Data
  • I think you may possibly have one of those objects on the master page.

Layer management has changed slightly in recent versions so I can't say for sure how version 12 works. But I'd suggest you show the object manager docker and verify whether both those objects are on the current page. If they are not, you can easily move them by dragging in the object manager.

Within the current page, the order of objects in the object manager is exactly the same as the front-to-back order so you should be able to verify what order your objects are really in, even if they are on different layers.

Children