How do I resize one side of a rectangle to form a trapezoid??

How do I resize one side of a rectangle to form a trapezoid?? Can I adjust two nodes in line to a given distance?

Parents
No Data
  • billraro said:
    How do I resize one side of a rectangle to form a trapezoid?? Can I adjust two nodes in line to a given distance?

If one is accustomed to using CAD software, then CorelDraw may seem to be a bit weak when it comes to drawing things to exact dimensions.

For something such as this, I would use "construction geometry" of some sort. Here is one example:

1. Draw the original rectangle to the desired size (same height and overall width as the desired trapezoid).

2. Convert to curves (so that it is no longer a "rectangle" in the CorelDraw world).

3. Draw a second rectangle of the width that is desired width for the shorter side of the trapezoid.

4. Align the second rectangle (shown in red here) with the first one. Use alignment options or snap to objects capability; I don't recall exactly what was available in CorelDraw 12.

5. With "snap to objects" active, drag the upper left and right corners of the first rectangle over to the corresponding corners of the second rectangle.

6. Delete the "construction" rectangle, or move it to another layer, or whatever.

That may sound like a lot of steps, but in reality, it takes longer to describe this than it does to do it.

Save

Save

Children