error reading bitmap in file

Hello to all,

I would really appreciate any help with this issue.
I'm using Coreldraw X3,operating system, Windows XP Professional version 2002, 1GB of RAM,free space of 4.56GB on C drive, 34.8GB on backup drive,display adapter Radeon X300,HP compaq dc7600 convertible
I'm having a lot of difficulties opening a series of files. I had been working on a laptop for a few months and upon returning to the office I tansfered the files to my desktop to complete thr final revisions. I worked on my desktop for 3wks without no problems and then one day I went to open the files and recieved this message on all of them:
"Error reading a bitmap in file"
I have since tried numerous methods with no success. Do you have any suggestions. I don't particularly want to redo 100 hours of revisions again! I'd GREATLY appriceate your help!!!!

Parents
  • You might want to contact Corel support because this has to be a known bug in X3. Most likely you have monochrome bitmaps or grayscale  in these files. We too have had this happen. Perhaps you could attach one of the "bad" files and I'll see if it will open in X4. Hopefully someone on this forum has some other solution than having to buy X4. Curiously, if we could get the file to open, we could save it back to 12 and use Corel12 with no problem but by now I would think Corel support would have some answers since this is a long-standing issue.

Reply Children