RGB or CMYK?

I am curious about what palette to use for what purpose. I know you are supposed to use CMYK palette when designing for separations printing processes, but on the other hand - you could use the RGB palette just as well, if you have a color calibrated system and a printer profile and if you leave a PDF to the printer, which I suppose most people do. It works if you set the color output to CMYK and use the printer ICC profile for conversion.

So, what is your choice regarding color models? It would be interesting to hear how you all work.

Parents
No Data
  • I do all images in Photo-Paint using RGB and convert them to CMYK using the appropriate CMYK profile before I import them to Draw. For vector objects in Draw, I use CMYK which is the default. If I work toward a output for web, I eliminate the conversion to CMYK and I set the radio button in the Color management dialog of Draw to RGB, that will give my the RGB output I need for the web. Switching the radio button is extremely importent, since none of the colors from Photo-Paint will match the colors from Draw if you don't switch.

Children
No Data