Magazine Layout problem

Hi, I am new to Coreldraw and have a problem which is driving me crazy, I know there will be a simple soloution so I hope you can help?

I am designing an A4 magazine and want some illustration to be presented across 2 pages.

The problem I have is the pages will be published in seperate A4 PDF's, how do I split the page?

Also with a 3mm bleed, how is this done when i split the page for A4 PDF?

Hope that makes sense?

Also, what are the best PDFsettings for magazine printing in CMYK?

Many thanks

John

Parents
  • Have you explored the extremely powerful imposition facilities in Corel Draw? They would permit you to create a ready to go PDF (see constraint below). of individual spreads if needed.

I assume you have discovered facing page view to allow you to prepare an entire facing page--I don;t think you would be asking the question if you had not worked in it :-) .

Now about the imposition at print time: Notice I said "print" time, not PDF time. You can, however, print to a logical (disk) postscript printer, including the built in "device independent PS printer." This will permit you to use the imposition features, and, if you really need to, to "print" one signature at a time. You can then use a variety of programs, from free to many $$$$ to create the PDF from those "print" files. (I use the free Ghostscript for that and have never had a problem.)

BTW start with an A4 page size!! Then use facing page option (refer to help -- "facing pages" --the option is rather well hidden.

inthecity wrote:

Hi, I am new to Coreldraw and have a problem which is driving me crazy, I know there will be a simple soloution so I hope you can help?

I am designing an A4 magazine and want some illustration to be presented across 2 pages.

The problem I have is the pages will be published in seperate A4 PDF's, how do I split the page?

Also with a 3mm bleed, how is this done when i split the page for A4 PDF?

Hope that makes sense?

Also, what are the best PDFsettings for magazine printing in CMYK?

Many thanks

John

http://community.coreldraw.com/forums/p/12081/49655.aspx#49655

Reply Children
No Data