Corel 10 vs. Illustrator advice

I am working in CorelDraw 10 and I have to send lots of files to printers and other designers that work in the Adobe world (CreativeSuites Illustrator and InDesign). I have Illustrator 7 and have finally figured out a setup that works for both but am running into problems with sending and receiving files that aren't saved low enough from the CS or they need higher versions.

My questions is does anyone recommend a higher version of CorelDRAW and/or a higher version of Illustrator. (without breaking the bank!)

The art I work with can be anything from simple pages of icons to layouts of 16 month calendar spreads and everything in-between.

Thanks!

Parents Reply Children
  • amy3 said:
    .I haven't tried welding text!)

Gives perfect result! And it makes the text into a curve so its a curve Wink

If sending as you do today works, then why change what works? Big Smile

amy3 said:
    I end up having more of a problem with the files being sent to me that are usually mac based or their CS won't save AI to version 7...it will go down to 3 for some crazy reason but it totally screwed up the images.

Here is the secret, many people doesnt know what they are doing to begin with. Wink Might be the case with your client. So you having problems with files being sent to you, well then that says it all doesnt it... Wink

When you upgrade to CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4, you can actually save up to CS3 illustrator files, and open them sent to you from a CS3 file. But when you save as or export to for example a AI illustrator file in CorelDRAW X4, the default choice in the dialog that pops up is Illustrator 8.

amy3 said:
    It sounds like I just need to keep doing what I have been with sending PDFs.

Good call!Big Smile

And I really DO recomend to upgrade to X4. As an old version 10 user myself, you will benefit so much in your work. And all files internally and externally have been enhanced. You will be much more up to speed and all with todays work.