Are Pantone palettes going to be removed from Corel in 2022?

Given information that Pantone palletes will be removed from Adobe software libraries this March, and Pantone focusing on promoting their Pantone Connect extension subscription model, i was wondering if anyone heard anything about it regarding Corel software.

Parents Reply
  • Pantone recommends you replace the swatch books at least once a year. But when a package of Pantone Plus Series spot color swatch books (coated and uncoated) costs $150-$200 or more most people will keep them quite a bit longer.

When I was starting out, I bought a gently used Pantone spot color swatchbook (coated and uncoated) from a medium-sized print shop For $50.00. I thought that was fair for both of us. They wanted the most current swatchbook for their operation, which is plausible.

I was so green back then... I didn't realize the difference between spot colors and process colors. What I really should have asked for was the 4-color process color guide, as all of my projects were CMYK.

Oh well... meeting with clients with that swatchbook in hand implied that I knew what I was doing.  Why else would I have any kind of swatchbook?

I wonder kind of production costs are involved in making the spot and process color swatch books sold by Pantone (and others).

A printer I was talking to to outlined the massive cost difference between making the books. Think about the unique colors that would have to be loaded in each ink fountain to run the spot swatches.

It would be interesting if Adobe could sell a similar product for considerably less money.

This is what I mean... They could lose money for years to crush Pantone - out of spite. But Adobe doesn't need to lose anything. If Adobe announces their own swatches and system, it's an easy sell to their users as something that's integrated, new, and fully compatible with ALL Adobe products, and the "New Standard". Due to Covid, we'll are familiar with Mandatory Compliance.

Starting 2024, Say Hello to Adobe Color Complianceᵀᴹ.

OK, I made that up too.

But in 2024, artists and customers could be called on the carpet to explain themselves for why they are *not* Adobe Color Compliantᵀᴹ.

Children
No Data