Rhetorical question/statement really...has there every been a version of DRAW that doesn't ....

Rhetorical question/statement really...has there every been a version of DRAW that doesn't crash after customizing the workspace? I haven't used one yet. I don't know WHY Corel even made workspace customization an option as it never seem to last very long with doing the old F8 trick. So frustrating.

Oh and as usual, those who never have problems need not reply. We all know what your responses will be. 

Parents
  • Oh and as usual, those who never have problems need not reply. We all know what your responses will be. 

So., you believe that we lie? Or perhaps, do you believe that the company pay people for say "there's no problem"? 

I always customize my workspace, and save with a different name. Also, i export/export as a new workspace. And I never found problems on that. The problem is if you import a workspace from a different version. That's a very bad idea. 

• No.

No.

I always customize my workspace, and save with a different name. Also, i export/export as a new workspace. And I never found problems on that. The problem is if you import a workspace from a different version. That's a very bad idea.

I also save to a different name. Import and export when needed. I do not import a workspace from a different version. But continue to have issues, for years, on many machines and many versions of Win and Corel. 

"Save setting as default" means you better have your work backed up (i.e. create multiple versions as you go) and be prepared to restart holding F8.

As stated, it does no good for you or anyone like you to reply to this and say that because you have no problem I (we) shouldn't, but you couldn't resist, could you. :-)

• As stated, it does no good for you or anyone like you to reply to this and say that because you have no problem I (we) shouldn't, but you couldn't resist, could you. :-)

No, if it was just me it will not to be relevant. Maybe my computer was developed by NASA or maybe I was lucky... but not, I helped a lot of people areound the wprld, and I've been installed, configured and repair a lot of times under different computers and operating systems. So, i don't talk for myself. I don't doubt that you have this issue, but it's not a common issue. Most people used the "Save settings as default"  along the years without any problem. And I'm not talking about the latest versions. or just about prehistoric reelases. Let's say from X3 until now for example. I know, that doesn't helps you at all, it's just information. But "Save settings as default"  is not the cause of the problem at all. 

Maybe you have not realized that I am trying to help you.

Maybe you prefer to talk to another person who says "Yes, I have the same problem" and embrace him fraternally, satisfied to know that he is not the only one who has that problem, but without finding a solution. I was trying to follow the problem step by step trying to find the point at which the error happens. I do not think it is a user error, it may be a program failure, but we need to know in which step the problem occurs. You think it is due to "save configuration" but I can assure you that there must be another reason.

Anyway, I do not want to bother you. It seems you already has all the answers you want. Good luck!

Children
No Data