Separation software

Just getting started in screen printing as a hobby. I just purchased CorelDraw graphics suite 2019 and was wondering if I need to purchase separation software (AccuRip, Simple Sep) to print films for screen printing T-shirts, hats, jackets, etc. or if CDR 2019 has it built in to the program?  

Parents
No Data
  • Use the Layers to separate vector groups/colors, and those can be exported as svg or other vector forms for cutting exposure masks.

Also consider dye sublimation small format ink-jet printers, such as Ricoh SG3110, but know this printer, if previously used for non-dye sub inks, must be thoroughly purged of the old inks before running dye sub ink cartridges, such as Sawgrass.

CorelDraw is useful for bitmap to vector conversions, and color reductions, in the process of converting from bitmap into vectors.

Silhouette (Cameo, etc) cutter works well with CD, using the Silhouette Studio software (decent software, in and of itself), and exchange either way using .SVG export/import

I have used plain black laser-printed acetate sheets for making up screen exposure masks, sometimes stacking two sheets for extra dark, or using dry erase or Sharpie permanent markers to black out thin areas of the acetate sheets.

If you happen to be using Direct To Garment printing, the printer driver usually handles color mix selection.

Children