Printable Area

Now that I am getting fairly adept at basic Corel Draw designing - I have a couple of nagging issues that I want to follow up on.

I asked this question last year. (paraphrasing) ..... Can I select on object outside the print page and print it out by using the "print selection" option in the dialogue box.

The answer I got was no.  

A lot of my preliminary artwork is in CMYK.  After I am done the final artwork is in RGB and I move it to the print page to print.

I usually select everything on the print page and hit the "print selection only" option in the dialogue box.  This seems to load the image faster and prints faster.

If I forget to hit the "print selection only" option and it defaults to the "print page" or print document" option ...  I always get  a warning in the print preview pane "your drawing has CMYK colors in it.

This is true if the printer is reading the entire workbook page - but if it can only print what is on the printable page (RGB only) - then why is it scanning the entire workspace and picking up the CMYK colors?

Or I can ask it this way - why does the coreldraw printer driver scan the entire workbook when it can only print what is on the printable page? 

The other nagging question - I can't seem to get the outline tool to default to RGB.... it always defalutls to CMYK and I have to go to the RGB color palette and right click to get the outline color to RGB.  Bugs the hell out of me so any help there is also appreciated.

dmyster

Parents Reply
  • I still need to make the outline default RGB.

When new objects are created in a document, they get their properties from specific styles. You can find those styles under the Default Object Properties in the Styles docker.

See this thread - Undo permanent change to rectangle - to find some discussion with screenshots. That includes some comments about how one of those styles can be changed in the current document, and how that information can be used to change what the Default Object Properties when new documents are created using the "Create a New Document" dialog. You can also export and import those styles.

When using the "Create a New Document" dialog, CorelDRAW has available two different sources for the styles that control Default Object Properties. One is for RGB, and the other is for CMYK.

If you are creating a new document with RGB as the primary color mode, then it may be the case that you unintentionally "pushed" CMYK Default Object Properties information into the location that gets used for new RGB documents. That is not very hard to do.

1. Create a new document with CMYK as the primary color mode. CorelDRAW gets the Default Object Properties styles at the time of document creation, so it gets CMYK ones.
    2. Change the primary color mode of the document to RGB. CorelDRAW does NOT load different Default Object Properties styles when this is done.
    3. Use "Save settings as default". Corel saves the Default Object Properties styles - which are CMYK - in the location that gets used for new RGB documents.
    4. Create new RGB documents, and get CMYK default object properties!

This information is stored in the workspace. So, the Default Object Properties that you get when creating an RGB or CMYK document can be different, depending on the workspace that you are using at that time.

Children
No Data