Pantone colours look visually different between versions of colour books

Hello,

When opening the same pantone solid coated colours from 2 different versions of the books they look visually quite different. For example a customer has sent me artwork that has 7546C in it from the "previous version" book. If I choose that same colour from the Pantone+ Solid Coated-V4 book it looks a lot darker. The darker version visually looks coser to the actual PMS book i have here and that would also match the mixing system version of the actual ink. But if a customer is choosing a colour based on what they see on the screen and dont have a physical colour book this could cause some issues.

Seems very odd that the colour wouldn't look the same across different versionsof the books.

Parents Reply
  • Wouldnt the same PMS colour be the same regardless of which solid coated book it's from?

I believe there can be a small difference on screen, depending on which version these Pantone palettes are.
    Maybe because they have found that the old version doesn't look correct when shown on screen, or when printed on a CMYK printer.
    The color mix (I mean when physically mixing Pantone inks for offset printing for example) should still be the same, I guess.

Children
No Data