Saving Vectors for CNC Use

I am trying to use CorelDRAW Standard 2021 to create drawings to be used with Vectric's VCarve Pro and a cnc router. I have created simple drawings and saved them as AI or SVG formats which should be compatible with VCarve. Other VCarve users are successfully using Corel as their design software so I think I must be doing (or not doing) something that is hindfering the process. I'm using a PC running Windows 11 and the VCarve software is the latest version. Any thoughts?

Thanx,

Jim

Parents
No Data
  • I have a similar setup:  Corel 2021 (full version), Win10, and Vectric Aspire (very similar to VCarve Pro, from the same company) but my Aspire is a couple versions behind the most current one.

I set my page size in Corel to equal the item that'll be on the cnc.  Set up the vectors then publish to PDF.  I always use unfilled vectors with hairline outline but I'm not sure that it matters.  Then in Aspire I click file>import>import vectors and select the PDF.  Works like a champ for me and places the vectors right where I set them in Corel.  The first time I tried to import vectors into Aspire I used PDF and it worked so well I never explored other file formats like AI or SVG. 

There is also a Vectric forum

https://forum.vectric.com/

They are really helpful there, too.

If you want, share one of your Corel files and I'll see if I can get it into Aspire

Children
No Data