Saving Vectors for CNC Use

I am trying to use CorelDRAW Standard 2021 to create drawings to be used with Vectric's VCarve Pro and a cnc router. I have created simple drawings and saved them as AI or SVG formats which should be compatible with VCarve. Other VCarve users are successfully using Corel as their design software so I think I must be doing (or not doing) something that is hindfering the process. I'm using a PC running Windows 11 and the VCarve software is the latest version. Any thoughts?

Thanx,

Jim

Parents
No Data
  • I've always used EPS to import in vcarve - dxf works good but has large files - svg works but uses relative coordinates so end point of curve doesn't hit the start point due to accumulating decimal precision error - ai is the only format that doesn't work at all for me - svg is nice because you can view it in a browser or windows explorer

the corel origin is usually page lower left - but that can vary and or may not be the same as your vcarve job origin - so sometimes imported objects are there but way off screen - you can hit the vcarve align objects button immediately after import to move the selected object to the center of vcarve job space 

Children
No Data