Navigation deficiencies are putting me off, big time.

Like a lot of forums I frequent, I expect a link to the first unread post in a thread. I also expect that having read the last post in a thread the display tells me I've been there, seen it. If you click 'Latest Post'  it does not mark the thread as read.

I also expect to see in the forum thread listing, separated, the name of the OP, the date of the OP along with the name of the Final contributor and the date of that post. I also want to see how many posts in that thread are unread by me. Far too often I am visiting a thread where I was the last contributor, simply wasting my time.

The menu system is pants. Give us a menu that allows you to get anywhere from anywhere else. Gerard, you stated on November 27th, that navigation deficiencies were to be addressed. January 25th, 2 months later, I have to ask, when?

Cut the white space. I'm not that keen on all the scrolling, form has triumphed over function.

These have all been voiced before and ignored it seems.

Parents
No Data
  • Getting the thread marked as read when going to the "first unread" post is a bug that we have escalated to the vendor of the platform. There was never a way of showing the number of unread messages with the platform we used (not with the old site, not with the current one), e.g. you can only see if you there was a new post in a thread since the last time you looked at it. I don't expect this to change any time soon.

Regarding the navigation, there are some limitations to the platform that we are working around... I was hoping to get something rolled out yesterday, but it will take a little longer (some font sizes changed yesterday though). As mentioned in my blog post a while back, our priority resides with the product development, and we have only very few people working part time on the community back-end. I can only say that iterating on the community remains very important, but I can also understand your frustration.

Regarding the white space, there can be a debate around look & feel, and we will make tweaks as we go. At the same time, we will not undergo a full re-design of the site.

Gérard
Children