Graphics Suite problems continued........

Sooooo........ is there any special way to uninstall and reinstall this.  I've tried the procedures on the corel website and no progress. 

secondly, this is what i get when i try to open the document that crashed out on me.

Parents
  • If you are referring to uninstalling X4, there is a way to manually uninstall it using Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. Is this the procedure you tried?  Search the Knowledge Base at the Corel site under Support for 762284. WARNING. You will need to Edit the Registry. If you do not know what you are doing find some that does.

As far as reinstalling, Use you Installation Disc. You will need your License Key and you need to follow the install procedures at the same place above. Search for 762283.

• Yes we have some tools. One cleans out reg settings another the MS installer.

And I've started compiling everything that has happened in the wiki.

That why it's so important that when someone has an issue they report how they solved it. (and used tags in the forum)

The tools I've used are here. There are 3 including a reg file that null X4.

You should always back up the registry before you muck with it.

You have to start with hardware checks as said. Otherwise if there is an error in hardware you will never find the issue in software. And this DOES happen. After raving on about it for months it happened here last week. The more RAM a system has the greater the change of a memory error.

Reply Children