CGS X4 suddenly won't let me scan...

I was scanning some images into CorelDraw X4 to make a multi-page PDF file. I had successfully scanned in several images.

Then, I forgot to make a new blank page before scanning the next image, so I closed Epson Scan before scanning. However, I closed it by clicking the X button on the preview image instead of the Close button on Epson Scan. I think that's what screwed it up.

Now, whenever I try to do a final scan into CorelDraw or PhotoPaint, I get this error message:

"The application could not inquire about the palette of the image from the TWAIN driver. Image acquiring aborted."

I can scan into Photoshop CS fine, so it's not the scanner hardware.

I also discarded the preview image from my Application Data/Epson/etc. etc. folder. That had fixed a scanning problem I had before, but it didn't fix this problem.

I also rebooted the computer, and that didn't work, either.

I searched on Epson's website and Corel's knowledge base, too, but I couldn't find anything.

My scanner is an Epson Perfection 4490 Photo, using Epson Scan version 3.04A on Windows XP SP 2. I've updated my X4 to SP2, but it was working fine in SP2 before.

I also did the F8/Reset Corel Workspace trick, and that didn't work.

Is there a preferences file I should discard either in Corel or Windows that would fix the scanner problem? Thanks!

•  Perhaps it is an oldy but a goody.

Scan your disk for Temporary files *.tmp and delete them all.  See if that works.

• The problem periodically happens to me with my CanoScan LIDe 90 (USB connection)---although I'm still using Coreldraw 12 (and XP Professional 2).  Restarting Coreldraw, rebooting the compurter, and clearing temp files sometimes solve the problem---but not always.

The solution I've found is to exit Coreldraw (you can leave it running), and scan an image using the scanner's own dedicated software (in this case, MP Navigator EX).  Then exit the scanner's software (you can leave it running), and try a scan with Coreldraw again.   IT WORKS EVERY TIME.  I don't know why, but it works

• Go to temp files in your Windows user profile (Windows Key + R, then type in %temp%). In temp files, look for file names like Twain001.Mtx and TWAIN.LOG. If these file exist, delete them and you are fine.

• I have always disliked the concept owing to the prices. But he’s trying none the less. I’ve been victimization Word precede variety of web sites for a few years and is involved regarding change to a special platform. I had no hassle navigate through all the tabs also as allied data done up being really simple to try to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it within the least. Quite rare, is likely to realize it for those who add forums or anything, website theme. You very know find out how to bring a retardant to delicate and create it vital. More people have to be compelled to scan this and know this aspect of the story. I can’t imagine you’re not more popular since you definitely have the gift. Thanks a great deal richly for your skilled and wise guide. I will not be averse to endorse your web page to anyone who wants and needs advice about this subject matter.