Conclusion after some months with X4

Smile Hi All

I made the BigJump from 9 to X4 some months ago , time to say something about, feelings are really mixted

from one side i loved the new interface, how X4 handles PDF was the great thing for me , awesome feature was for me the export for office option (png power :) ) smart guides helped some, but i really miss ver 9 speed

even for dummy files X4 is a big turtle, i have the feeling of "jumping" graphics (like "lag" in games) tested illustrator CS5 in same machine was EXTREMELY SPEEDER ,damn if i didnt have the Unicode fonts issue i d thrown that turtle away... its hard to say that for the software that i do my job from 1991 but ver 9 was the GOLD version -Damn Corel MAKE A FAST and STABLE programm with only a few features

Really dissapointed  blame myself that i didnt started with Mac /illustrator platform...

Parents Reply Children
  • Ariel said:

THE ONLY SOLUTION

COREL GET BACK US TO VERSION 9!!! (X9 maybe Stick out tongue )

Cheers Beer

That was the version that was so buggy that I'd finally had enough and I called up Corel and asked for a full refund!  I don't remember a particular release that was ever stable, but X5 seems to be the most stable ever for me.  Still, it feels cheap and unrefined compared to Adobe products, but it doesn't seem to be crashing by the minute or second anymore.

[/quote]

I disagree about this, CorelDRAW 9.0 was one of the best versions ever. Also, was the end of the line started with CorelDRAW 6.0  Simple, fast, stable, CorelDRAW 9 was one of the best programs (I also like the 5.0). And, although some people has problems, X5 is one of the best also, not for speed but for global performance and compatibility

[/quote]

Some people claim crashing by the second.  Some by the minute.  Some claim to only crash a few times a day and there are the few people who claim to never crash at all.  It seems that people have different experiences with the same Corel products.  My experiences have been perfectly consistent across many different machines for many years.  So for me, Corel Draw 9 was the straw that broke the Camel's back.  I'm sure I opened it up and tested it for a bunch of known bugs and found that none of them had been solved and called up for a refund.  Those same bugs continued to be a problem in Corel Draw for years to come.  The same bugs were present on Mac version of Corel Draw too.  It is what it is.