Welding issues

I am designing a panel to cut out with a CNC plasma cutter.  The problem I am having is when I place a border around the objects and then weld after everything has been selected the whole drawing turns black.  I am creating the border by placing a white rectangle inside of a black rectangle.  What am i doing wrong?  I have to have a border around the drawing to hold everything together once the pieces have been cut out.

Parents
No Data
  • Hi,

I guess your method is wrong for what you want to achieve.

There are three ways to get what you want...

1. One is just create a rectangle. Give any fill and outline colors you want. To increase the thickness of the border, hit F12 and increase the width vale as per your requirement.
    2. Create one rectangle (outer size). Then create another smaller object. Select both the objects and combine them by pressing Ctrl+L or by going to Arrange - Combine
    3. Create a rectangle. Select contour. In Contour property bar select "Inside" or "Outside". Set no of steps to "1" and set the distance between two objects you want (thickness of the border). Then go to Arrange -> Break Contour Group Apart. Again go to Arrange -> Combine. For contour reference see attached image.

Children
No Data