X5 and RasterlinkPro users?

Anyone out there using X5 and Rasterlink Pro? I seem to be having troubles exporting some files into rasterlink and I can figure out the cause, most of the time it is on larger stuff like 4'x8' but I don't think size is the issue. Some of the things I create just seem to freeze up when I try and export..... and ideas? Perhaps I could send someone one of my files to look at? I have no idea what it is but I really need to figure this out :(

Parents
No Data
  • Brandex said:
    I do everything in 300 dpi and not sure what the export is... when i finish a project I just hit the rasterlink button to print so im not sure if its a tiff or what it does with the corel file.  I have a Mimaki CJV30-130 and so far things are going good but the odd thing just locks up "not responding" and I can't figure out the problem.

Hi,

You are running out of RAM most likely.

300 DPI is way too high of a resolution for large format 4' x 8' signs. For every doubling of DPI, you quadruple raw file size.

There is no reason to upsample bitmaps under 300 etc to 300 if they are at 1:1 scale.

Try this:

1. save your file as a new name
    2. convert all bitmaps, separated drop shadows, transparencies etc to ONE 150 DPI bitmap, leaving pure vector shapes on top
    3. then send that to Rasterlink Pro
Children