X5 and RasterlinkPro users?

Anyone out there using X5 and Rasterlink Pro? I seem to be having troubles exporting some files into rasterlink and I can figure out the cause, most of the time it is on larger stuff like 4'x8' but I don't think size is the issue. Some of the things I create just seem to freeze up when I try and export..... and ideas? Perhaps I could send someone one of my files to look at? I have no idea what it is but I really need to figure this out :(

Parents
  • Brandex said:
    I do everything in 300 dpi and not sure what the export is... when i finish a project I just hit the rasterlink button to print so im not sure if its a tiff or what it does with the corel file.  I have a Mimaki CJV30-130 and so far things are going good but the odd thing just locks up "not responding" and I can't figure out the problem.

Hi,

You are running out of RAM most likely.

300 DPI is way too high of a resolution for large format 4' x 8' signs. For every doubling of DPI, you quadruple raw file size.

There is no reason to upsample bitmaps under 300 etc to 300 if they are at 1:1 scale.

Try this:

1. save your file as a new name
    2. convert all bitmaps, separated drop shadows, transparencies etc to ONE 150 DPI bitmap, leaving pure vector shapes on top
    3. then send that to Rasterlink Pro
Reply Children