X5 and RasterlinkPro users?

Anyone out there using X5 and Rasterlink Pro? I seem to be having troubles exporting some files into rasterlink and I can figure out the cause, most of the time it is on larger stuff like 4'x8' but I don't think size is the issue. Some of the things I create just seem to freeze up when I try and export..... and ideas? Perhaps I could send someone one of my files to look at? I have no idea what it is but I really need to figure this out :(

Parents
No Data
  • I use X5 and RasterLink, but since I don't have a CJV30 (JV-33 printer and CG-FXII plotter here), I cannot use the [Send to RasterLink] feature, but I'm pretty sure it sends PostScript information hidden in a Mimaki specific print file.
    This means that it also holds vector information, and the advice given by Jeff is correct. Convert as much of the effects (transparencies, drop shadows, bevels for example) as possible to one bitmap (around 150 dpi is most likely enough), and leave vector objects (like text and ordinary solid objects) on top, as vectors.

Personally I simply create a PDF that I import into RasterLink. Sometimes with flattened effects but mostly not, since PDF can handle some of the effects. Cut paths are sent from Draw via FineCut plugin.

Children