Corel Draw X5 - high memory usage and "Out of memory" error

Hello

I do have problem with my newly installed CorelDraw X5. Before X5 we used Corel 12 in our company.

I have project file (150 MB) with lots of text, bitmaps, vectors - about 100 pages. File opens but I can't save it. I always get OUT OF MEMORY error. I even tried to divide this file into 2 smaller parts but still doesn't work.

What I noticed - Corel X5 after clean start (without opened project) takes about 80MB of RAM in task manager. When I open project usage changes from 80MB to 1,2GB. While saving it takes 1,6GB of RAM and it crashes.

To compare - Corel 12 and after opening same project file Corel 12 takes much less of memory - about 770MB and it works without problem.

Where from comes this memory usage difference? Any solutions? 

My PC:

Windows 7 - 32bit

4GB of RAM

Intel Core2Duo 2 x 3.0GHz

700GB free space on drive C:

Please help. I've read milion other posts about corel memory errors and noting workes for me :( I have no hope :(

Parents
No Data
  •  

Dear All,

the cause for out of memory error is simple: it is mostly a fonts issue, or actually bad fonts issue. I personally noticed that if I open the same old document in mostly X6 (and less in X5) and the font(s) is/are unavailable and corel requests to get it using  Font Navigator from X: drive (not your c:\windows\fonts) ... the issue occurs. Some times other errors such as "runtime...". 

Try this as a proof (I tried it, this is why I came to this answer); I usually keep 2 sets of files, example: "client-name-logoset1.cdr" and "client-name-logoset1_CRV.cdr" where the latter is the same as the first but all tex is converted to curves (on each page, I do a ctrl+A, ctrl+Q and ctrl+shift+S), so when I open the 1st file I get the error, but when opening the second it goes well although the second is sometimes 20% larger file size. ALSO ANOTHER PROOF, when you open a file that causes this error, why the number of fonts in your FONT folder increase???.

Learn the habbit of keeping 2 versions of your file, you can always re-type the text where applicable, sorry michasiek, I know it may not work for you, but remember its more likely a FONTS issue, NOT MEMORY,  NOT % TEMP%, NOT 64/32 BIT SYSTEM and NOT OTHER RUNNING SOFTWARE.

Color styles used to give me trouble in X5 and earlier, but fonts are the issue in X5 & X6.  one more thing, go through your windows fonts folder, try some font checking programs like FiFoFo (fix fonts folder), Font Xplorer and FV (Font Viewer). DO NOT RELY ON BFN ( Bitstream Font Viewer), when you use Arabic fonts you learn a lot about how BFN screws things up and how weak it is.

Let me know if you need help with fonts. Remember that the best solution to always keep a copy of windows default fonts & default windows fonts registry entry to replace when it gets cluttered.  Finally, do not keep more than 400 fonts in your fonts folder (even BFN font shortcuts, are fonts), there is also the loaded, installed and duplicates issue ... but that's another story.

Children
No Data