Drawing tablet - Wacom Bamboo, but different!

QUESTION:

Is it possible to obtain a drawing tablet which can be taken out, away from the computer and be used like a sketch-book when out and about?? Then, after coming home with this drawing tablet, connect it into the computer and upload all the sketches you've done when out?

I presently use a Wacom Bamboo  which connects into my laptop, but I sometimes would like to just take the 'Bamboo' out - draw on it like an electronic sketchbook - come home and put all my sketches into the computer for further work.

Parents
  • Don Mann said:

QUESTION:

Is it possible to obtain a drawing tablet which can be taken out, away from the computer and be used like a sketch-book when out and about?? Then, after coming home with this drawing tablet, connect it into the computer and upload all the sketches you've done when out?

I presently use a Wacom Bamboo  which connects into my laptop, but I sometimes would like to just take the 'Bamboo' out - draw on it like an electronic sketchbook - come home and put all my sketches into the computer for further work.

Hello,

The closest thing I would think of is Wacom Inkling. Inkling is a pen and a black box, and your sketchbook.

http://inkling.wacom.eu/pages/Inkling-en.html

Its not at all from Apple USA, its from Wacom, Japan, and thank GOD for Wacom!

You attach the tiny black box lke a clip on to the sketchbook of your choice, and draw with the inkling pen. And when back infront of your computer you hook it up and transfer the drawings to your computer. In your computer you use a software from Wacom, save to PSD or AI or something like that, and then if you choosed PSD, then start Photo-Paint and open the PSD in Photo-Paint. Or CorelDRAW if you choosed AI.

At the same time you still have your hand drawn picture in your sketchbook. Nifty isnt it!

You will have to keep on buying refills to the actual pen, but thats a minor thing I guess. DOnt know the price of the refills. Buy either in your favorite art supplie store or on Wacom Europes own online store. BUY from here http://eu.shop.wacom.eu/Products/Inkling

Here is a picture I found, and more on google images

Reply Children