cut contour shapes

I would be grateful for some help regarding bleeds and cut contour lines.

I am working on a project with various different contour shapes (see sample). Each shape has 2 different coloured contours. On top of the shape is another shape acting as a product header. This header has a different colour from the product object. At the moment I have grouped both these objects as they are going to be filled with printed content on front and reverse side and I must be sure to have a 100% alignment front and back.

My questions:

How do I include bleeds as well as a cut contour line for both objects? With the attached sample the letter A has an outer blue contour of 1.5 cm. How do I include the necessary bleed? Command 'outside boundary' doesn't work because I lose the cut shape within the design. Using a third contour "inside" blue contour also doesn't work.

I hope the description of the problem is clear. Can anyone help? Many thanks. Sonny

cut contour shape

Parents
No Data
  • Hello Sonny; With a 1.5 cm. line I would not use a bleed myself. And you have to watch printing one color over another or you may get some bleed of a unwanted color. If you are printing on both side of something one side would have  to be mirrored to line up, if not it would look as the screen shot below.

I Hope this is some help, Geprge

Children