Color space choice -- a message to Mr. Corel

Hi Mr. Corel,

It's all well and good that DRAW allows objects to be in different color spaces.

BUT

There is world wide confusion on how to choose different color spaces for different objects, layers, or pages.

True.  That's not a bug.  Nevertheless, the process to choose a color space for an object, layer, etc. must be made a lot simpler.

Note that this is a separate issue from the mesh fill issue.

Phil

Parents
  • Hi Everybody,

REPEAT:  " There is world wide confusion on how to choose different color spaces for different objects, layers, or pages."

It's neither simple nor elegant.  There have been a good many posts illustrating this confusion -- including posts which claim that a layer must all be in the same color space.  I'm only asking for a simple method to choose the color space.  Of course, that's after you have chosen the defaults in the color management dialog.

For what it's worth, here's how I pick colors in DRAW.

I choose the color space indirectly by using the Color Docker.  You can also pick the color space by clicking on a palette in the space of choice.  The color space per object can be changed by using the icons on the top right of the Color Docker -- immediate confusion.  The docker initially comes up  in CMYK.  If you fool around with the buttons, you can convert it to display in RGB or Pantone.  That's neither simple nor elegant.  It's hit and miss.  After finally discovering how to get RGB and Pantone, I can not get back to CMYK for the next object.

Should it be of any interest, here's an example.  I could not get back to CMYK for the fourth object.  Neither could I get the Color Docker to display gray scale.

Dr. Petrov (the developer of CDGS color management) should be made aware of this difficulty.

Phil

Reply Children