Importing pdf into X8 without converting

Hello! Am I wrong or is it  still impossible to "place" pdf file into cdr document, without converting pdf to objects? As many of us , I have to put my customer's add into leaflet, but draw change fonts and lose some objects upon import on a file, that does not need to be changed in any way.  I think, "place pdf" is one of the essential DTP features since ever in whole DTP industry and Draw is unable to deal with it, at least throug straight, ordinary way. Or am I overlooking obvious?

Parents
No Data
  • I agree, that would be a great feature to have.

My usual approach to that sort of job uses Acrobat (full version, not just the reader) for two parts of the process.

• I save the file as Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) from Acrobat. There are a number of settings to control how color is handled, whether or not a bitmap preview is included, and so on.

• I "place" (not import as editable) the EPS file in my CorelDraw document. I only see the bitmap preview, but it's accurate enough for positioning the content.

• I print from CorelDraw through Acrobat to produce the PDF.

This approach is capable of preserving a lot of quality (including vector) information from the original document without flattening it into a bitmap image.

Children