How can i make this effect on text?

scroll down to the picture that has the word AGE on it. I want to know how to make that effect

http://graphicdesignjunction.com/2015/05/vintage-fonts-for-designers/

Parents
  • Here's a quick sample file I made for you.
    It is not perfect in any way but may give you an idea how it can be done.

In short:

Start with the red text (I made a rough trace).
    Give it a thick outline and convert the outline to an object (Ctrl+Shift+Q).
    Duplicate ("+" on numeric keypad) the "outline", give it the darker red color and move it slightly to the right and down, and then move it behind the off-white outline.
    Select the red text and then the dark red object and use Shaping > Intersect. This will create a new dark red object without the parts sticking out outside the outline. Delete the first dark red object.
    Time for the grey "shadow".
    Select the off-white outline and the red text, duplicate and weld them together (Shaping > Weld).
    Grey color, darker grey outline.
    Move to back and create a duplicate.
    Move the duplicate to back and down to the right, and then create a blend between the two, four steps.
    Adjust the outline to give it the proper look. A calligraphic outline effect will make it look better.

I think you should be able to create a pretty good replica by following these steps, and maybe you can even come up with something better yourself.

AGE.cdr

Reply Children