Is there a hotfix/patch that resolves memory usage/performance issues with X8

Hi,

We recently purchased Corel Draw X8 Suite for two of our users. They are both on Win 7 Pro 64bit, 16g mem, i7,i5. They claim compared to version X6 that memory usage is very high. Eventually their memory will get maxed out and I have no idea what to tell them or how to address it. Yes we could perhaps add more memory, but why wasn't this an issue in older versions? We did run the updater to make sure they have the most current update. is there a patch or fix we have to install manually?

Parents
  • When I used X3, it was possible to go to Tools>Options>Memory and change the "Memory Usage" to 90%. If I did not do this, complex vectors, powerclips and such crashed my Coreldraw several times in a day.

I could not find an option to change this in X8; however, some people believe that the crashes have their uses. And sometimes when my Coreldraw freezes, I prefer that it just crashes and then recovers whatever it can. I was guessing that maybe Corel already created some kind of fail safe memory thing.

In general, all Graphics programs use a lot of memory and you usually have to change it manually to use up about 90% memory - well my Adobe CS6 anyway. But even my Adobe Photoshop crashes when I am multi-tasking and have too many graphics programs running.
Reply Children
No Data