File previews are not showing in 'OPEN' and 'SAVE' window/dialog box. What should i do so that i can see the previews of designs while opening them ?

I have CorelDRAW X8 working properly on Window 10 (64 Bit) from last 6 months. I installed some updates today and since than CorelDRAW X8 has stopped showing designs preview inside 'OPEN' and 'SAVE' window/dialog box.

Now i can see the previews of previous files but now whatever file I am saving, I m unable to see their previews.

File previews use to help a lot in selecting the particular design while opening.

How can i turn on the files preview again? 

Plz help.

Regards

Navin Chandra

• I'd suggest a bit of investigation.
    Can you see thumbnails of your files in Explorer? If yes then a repair of CDGS would be sensible. If you can see some, but not the most recent, then post a screenshot of what you are seeing. Bear in mind Windows will cache previously created thumbnails so if you can see some but not newer files then the Shell Extension might not be creating them correctly.

Check your file associations haven't changed in Explorer AND in Draw.

Do you have a previous version of Draw installed?. If so create a new file in it and see if you can see the thumbnail.

Failing that do a system restore back to when you had it working properly.
  • Hello Navin Chandra; Turn back your Windows and see if it starts working..........

George
  • Hi Naven,
    -
    Your post puzzles me.
    I have never seen a "preview" of the file to be SAVED .
    -
    The view only shows files with the same extension in the folder which you opened.
    This seems to be typical of Windows since it happens this way for Photoshop, PaintShopPro, Word, etc.
    -
    Phil
  • Many other people have had problems with thumbnails. My problems started because I had two different Coreldraw versions on the same computer. There are other posts, but these two have helped me:

https://community.coreldraw.com/talk/coreldraw_graphics_suite_x8/f/831/t/53951

https://community.coreldraw.com/talk/coreldraw_graphics_suite_x8/f/831/t/55439