"You cannot install this product because another version is already installed."

Trying to re-install DVD Corel GS X8 after trying Corel GS 2018. I uninstalled Corel GS 2018, and then manually deleted all Corel directories in (1) Roaming, (2) Program Files, (3) Program Files X86, and (4) Program Data. Then I did a complete cache dump (CCleaner) and rebooted.

Tried again to install DVD of Corel GS X8, but keeps giving me the error "You cannot install this product because another version is already installed."

Clearly, I'm missing some old Corel files that need to be deleted. Help!!

Parents
No Data
  • It may not be the same problem, but see my comments in this thread: coral X8 box install problem.

That was a case where the DVD-from-the-box would not install (Windows 7; May 2017) because the installer was not able to cope with the fact that some newer versions of some Microsoft components were present on the machine.

In my case, the error message was misleading. The problem was not a previous installation of CorelDRAW.

The solution was for Corel support to get me a newer version of X8 that incorporated some updates. That installed without any problems.

Children